Wednesday, March 9, 2011

my weekend in denver

As I said in my last post I spent this past weekend in Denver, CO with my sister and her family. My sister had a baby just 8 weeks ago and he is the sweetest thing.
Sam is a snuggle bun to say the least. He absolutely loves to snuggle and be right up next to your face and I LOVED it. Ivan, my brother in law, was out of town for the weekend so I stayed in my sister’s bed with her and got to snuggle Sam every morning after his morning feeding – I sure missed that this morning.
So here’s my weekend recap:
Friday I took a ½ day off work so I could fly out and get there at a decent time Friday night. Friday night I got in and was greeted by a ball of fire 3 year old Asher and snuggle bear Sam.
asher opening up a little gift we brought him
Saturday we went for a walk at the park, let Asher play, have a picnic lunch, and then stopped for ice cream on the way home. He went on and on about the big blow up blizzard in the Dairy Queen so of course we had to sit next to thatJ Kirsten and I were able to get in a little shopping and coffee/jamba juice later in the afternoon as well. Saturday night we made a yummy lasagna dinner with berry cobbler for dessert then settled in to watch a movie after putting Asher down for bed.
swingin at the park

me and sam sam
Sunday we took the kiddos to church then spent the afternoon hanging out at home with the boys before heading out for pizza Sunday night. We went to Golden, which is located just outside of Denver, and had the yummiest pizza ever. It definitely hit the stop as that has been my pregnancy craving of choice lately. Then back home for another redbox movie and night in while the snow fell outside.
so handsome

doesn't my sis look great after just 8 weeks!
Monday my flight didn’t leave until 7pm so my friend Hayley who also was in Denver visiting came over to meet Sam and hangout. We headed to lunch at Pei Wei then back to hangout a bit more before heading to the airport. I’m pretty sure the only time Kirsten got to hold Sam was when he needed to eat – I didn’t want to let him go! Then it was off to the airport for my trip homeL
I always love visiting Denver, it’s such a beautiful place and it’s always fun to spend some time with my sister that I don’t get to see enough. I absolutely loved holding and snuggling on my new little nephew and attempting to keep up with Asher as well, which is not an easy task at 8 months pregnant! Asher has such a strong little personality, so funny and such a mind of his own. He is so smart and picks up on every little detail. Little Sam is definitely more laid back then Asher was as a baby and loves to have you just hold and breathe on him – what a sweetie! I will definitely miss these 2 little ones and my sister (Ivan tooJ) but look forward to seeing them this summer in IA when I will introduce them to our little one! Until then, pictures will have to doJ
a tired little boy after church
sam napping on my big bellyJ

2 comments:

  1. We loved having you and are so glad that you got to make the last minute trip out here!:) Wish we lived closer so we could spend more time together all the time and meet your little lady before August but pictures will have to do for us too!:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVED reading about your time spent together!! It makes my Momma heart smile-daughters,sisters,sons & grandkids-what BLESSINGS sent from our GOOD GOD ABOVE!!!!!!!!!
    I love you all to the moon & back with all the stardust in between!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete