Sunday, March 27, 2011

35 & 35

I saw this on my friend Bailey’s blog and really liked it. I remember jotting down a note to myself to add the idea of 35 & 35 to my blog ideas way back when and now its here.
35 & 35 means that I am 35 weeks pregnant with only 35 DAYS to go! What a journey this has been. And think about how fast 35 days really goes - I feel like I say this every week but now I really feel like she will be here before we know it!
I remember so vividly the day back in August when I ran into the garage in my towel waving a positive pregnancy test in the air to Jimmy while he mowed the lawn. I remember the days that followed pondering the fact that I was really pregnant. I remember telling my family Labor Day weekend in Denver, CO. I remember telling the Grover family later that month during a visit home to Iowa. I remember seeing my belly get its first resemblance of a bump and being so excited. I remember feeling her kick for the first time. I remember holding Jimmy’s hand at the ultrasound as we saw our precious baby and discovered she was a girl! I remember buying her first outfit and thinking how unbelievable small it was. I remember Jimmy’s face and the look in his eyes the first time he felt her move. I remember coming home from a trip to Denver to a pink room complete with a chandelier. I remember organizing her clothes and putting her room in order. I remember reading her books and Jimmy playing his guitar for her as we lay down together for bed at night.
What a blessing this child is. God already knows the person she will be, who she will marry, the trials and triumphs she will experience, what her talents will be, what her weaknesses will be, what she will be when she grows up, all those things! And those are all the things Jimmy and I can’t wait to discover about her. Except maybe the who she will marry part as Jimmy has already said she’s not allowed to go on a date until she’s 18 unless it’s a double date with he and I – I’m sure that will go over wellJ
So as we enjoy these final weeks together just the 2 of us I love to think about those 35 weeks we’ve already experienced. I’ll try to forget about all the discomfort and aches and focus on what lies ahead in the next 35 days, or so.
Latest update: From now on, baby's growth is mostly in the plumping up department -- though he won't get much longer, he'll put on a pound or more of baby fat before birth. (He's about 15 percent right now and will be about 30 percent by full-term.) His hearing is totally developed (tip: baby responds best to higher pitches), and if he really is a "he," his testes have probably completed their descent.

No comments:

Post a Comment