Tuesday, March 8, 2011

32 weeks

Another crazy week has passed and we are now just 8 weeks away, or less, from meeting our baby girl! This past weekend I was in Denver, CO visiting my sister and her little family, which includes my new baby nephew! It made me so excited to hold and snuggle our baby girl in just a few weeks!
No new symptoms or issues much with pregnancy this past week. We had an appointment today and everything was good. She made the comment that little girl is really growing and that her heart rate, my blood pressure, measurements, etc were right on track and good. I actually had several things to ask her about this appointment. I wanted her thoughts/opinions on cord blood banking, epidurals and/or other pain medications for birth, any recommendations/suggestions on pediatricians and if we needed to have one established before her birth, and her schedule or policy for trying to be the one to deliver our baby and who will if it’s not her. So I had lots of questions and as always she gave us plenty of her time and addressed them all for us.
Sometimes it just feels so surreal to know that I am going to be the one having a baby in just a few short weeks. I felt this way leading up to my wedding as well.  Which, by the way, was a year ago in just a week or so - isn’t it crazy how much can change in just a year? I truly feel incredibly blessed every single day for the man that I call my husband and the man that has (with my helpJ)created the life growing inside of me.
They still say baby girl is the size of a squash but here’s her update.

\Baby's now the size of a squash!
Ready or not, baby's getting ready to emerge. She's probably in the head-down position by now, with her bottom facing up. This is the comfiest way for her body to fit in your increasingly cramped womb and will make her eventual exit (only a few months away now!) much easier. (If she's still head-up, don't panic -- there's still time for a flip before birth.)
My 32 week picture will come this week – get ready for one big belly! I’ll also post a recap of my Denver trip but here’s a picture of a sweet bundle, that happens to be my nephew, to tie you over for a few daysJ
 

No comments:

Post a Comment