Tuesday, March 22, 2011

her nursery

Baby girl’s nursery has been a gradual process it seems. We acquired her furniture slowly, Jimmy painted and hung her chandelier while I was out of town for the weekend, we (Jimmy) assembled her crib one night last week while I put other things away in her room, and her closet organization has been a gradual process but definitely filled up quickly!
We still have to put the finishing touches together by hanging things on the walls but I plan to save that for when my mom is down in a few weeks to get a second opinion. But I thought I would show you what we have so far.
Ever since I knew I was pregnant I knew I wanted to do the nursery in pink and zebra print if it was a girl, and didn’t have a definite plan if it was a boy. So, when I found out she was a girl I began the search for bedding, accessories, furniture, etc. I have loved putting her room together. I can just picture laying her in her crib and how little she will look in there; I can picture her laying on the floor on a play mat to do tummy time as she learns to roll over for the first time; I imagine our late night feedings in the chair with a blanket over us both drifting in and out of sleep; I can smell the distinct scent of a baby filling her room as it becomes her own! Sometimes I just sit in the chair and look around in awe that she will really be here so soon and she will be all ours. What joy she has already brought us and we haven’t even met her yet!
Anyways – onto the picturesJ I will post final ones once we get everything hung up but I’ve been asked several times for pictures so here’s what we’ve got so far. Enjoy!




3 comments:

  1. Jenna I love your vision. A bit obsessed with her bedding! Little girl, will adore it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so beautiful, my Looney!! Just like her Mommy:) LOVE how you put it together-JUST DARLING!!! Can't wait to love & koose on her in her BEAUTIFUL room:):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute room, Jenna! I love it! It's just sad that the little thing won't have much to wear. (<--yes, that would be sarcasm.) ;)

    ReplyDelete