Friday, March 18, 2011

weekend in iowa

This past weekend we had a great long weekend in Iowa. It’s the last week I was ok’d to travel so we took a couple extra days vacation and headed north. Here’s our weekend in review.
Thursday afternoon/night we drove up. Due to my loving husband we stopped frequent to ensure my comfort and got in to the Grover household about 11:30pm or so.
Friday we spent the morning bumming around and catching up with Jimmy’s parents. I hadn’t been back since Christmas so it’d been a long time since I’d seen family. Later that afternoon we headed over to visit Jimmy’s grandparents. Then onto Chuck E Cheese for a birthday party for my nephew Devin. Devin turned 5 on Thursday so it was perfect timing for us to come home and spend the night playing away at Chuck E Cheese. I think the air hockey game was the hit of the night! After the party we headed back to my parents and spent the night there after staying up way too late for some good late night chatsJ
devin & eden taking on air hockey
Saturday morning we were off to my baby shower that my best friends were throwing. It was so good to see some friends I hadn’t seen since our wedding and catch up with everyone! We got lots of nice gifts and of course ate way too much yummy food. After the shower we made a few additional stops in Cedar Falls then headed back out to my parents to hangout. That evening we made our way back to the Grover’s to see Jimmy’s aunt and uncle that came up last minute from Texas. We had dinner with his family and grandparents and enjoyed a low key night watching movies.


the decor


advice cards


friends

the hostess & i - katie, hayley, me, bailey & miss kinley:)



my beautiful mama & i


the soon to be grandma's & i
Sunday we were up early, and definitely feeling the repercussions of daylight savings, and headed back to my parents to meet them for church. After church we grabbed lunch and headed back to their place. That afternoon we headed back into Cedar Falls to meet up with my brother, sister in law, niece, and nephew and all of Jimmy’s family for a night of bowling and Pepper’s (one of my fav local restaurants) to celebrate my birthday!

my brother & his adorable fam - sister in law kristle, devin & eden

jimmy & little sis jena

mother in law robin, cousin marcus, sister in law jalissa, dan & erica

jimmy's aunt shelly from texas & brother josh

Then Monday we made a stop at my brother’s to get some of our big baby items they were handing down to us, including her crib! After getting all packed up and spending some time with the kiddos we were on our way. One more stop at my grandparents to see them and visit for a bit and we were on our way to MO.
It was a busy but fun weekend. I hadn’t gone that long without seeing my family in a long time so it was great to spend some quality time with them all and celebrate lots of birthdays! It’s crazy to think that the next time we head that way we have a 3rd member of our family!
We have some busy weeks and weekends ahead of us. This week has been a bit crazy. We got home Monday night, we had dinner with friends on Tuesday night, celebrated my birthday by gifts (a kindle and a massageJ), stroller shopping, and dinner out last night, tonight we have a breastfeeding class at the hospital, and then this weekend is our 1st anniversary so we plan to head out and finish up our baby purchases and have dinner at one of our favorite places nearby! Next weekend we have our birthing class all day on Saturday, then the following weekend my parents will be down for a visit, and then we are only 3 weeks away from her due date!
I keep reminding myself to slow down and take in the final days of this pregnancy as I will never have this feeling of our first again but at the same time I cannot wait to meet our little girl and not be pregnant anymore - I’m ready to go for a run with baby in towJ!
Anyways – that’s our weekend recap plus a glimpse at our crazy week this week and the weekends ahead. It sure will make this time go fast, if nothing elseJ
Hope you had a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment