Friday, March 25, 2011

my kindle

Jimmy got me a kindle for my birthday and let me just say that I’m already in love with it! It took me just a short time to figure out how I can load books, read them, flip through the pages, organize archived material, etc. and now I’m off and reading.
I had just bought and started reading a new paperback for our road trip back to IA and I hate reading two books at once but I wanted to start reading on my kindle. So I cracked and downloaded “Something Borrowed” per my sister’s recommendation and now have started reading that on my kindleJ
When I first added a kindle to my birthday wish list of ideas for Jimmy neither of us knew if I would really like one. We were both worried it would feel like I was reading a computer screen all the time, which I get plenty of at work throughout the day. But the kindle looks just like a book – the finish on the screen in a flat, black and white finish, so it truly does resemble a book! The other thing we were worried about was a glare, but since it has a flat finish there is no glare. I love that it slides right into my purse – it’s super small and thin, much smaller than any book. I am definitely going to invest in a case for traveling though just to be sure and keep the screen nice and scratch free.
So from one reader to another – get a kindle, unless you’re like my mom and just love the smell of booksJ

No comments:

Post a Comment