Tuesday, March 15, 2011

33 weeks

Another week passes and I always seem to miss my weekly post the day of. And I have yet to take an 8 month picture from last week. Where does the time go?
This week I have become a little less comfortable – it just seems almost daily that my belly is getting bigger and my stamina is getting smaller.  We enjoyed a long weekend back in IA with family and friends and had a baby shower too. It was lots of fun to catch up with girls I hadn’t seen in way too long. I’ll do a full weekend recap with photos later this week. That was also our last road trip before little miss joins us! Crazy to think next time we travel that way we will have another in towJ
I have noticed less vigorous movements of baby girl during the day and night. I can tell she is running out of room and while I still feel her moving they aren’t as tossy and turny, more subtle and confined. When I am sitting for a while at my desk I start to feel her little legs up under my ribs and have to lean back to get them moved or catch a good deep breathe.
My workout routine has almost completely subsided. I really want to focus on getting in some frequent and good yoga sessions these final weeks as I think that will help maintain my flexibility and relaxation but it’s been hard to find the time. My to do list at work seems to be a mile long of things I need/want to complete before my maternity leave and our at home project list isn’t getting any shorter either. I’m finding it hard not to get stressed but also know there is only so much I can do between now and then.
Other than that not a whole lot of pregnancy updates. No weird or distinct food cravings this week, the pizza craving has subsided but that doesn’t mean we aren’t still averaging our weekly pizza nightJ
My update tells me she has moved up to the size of a honeydew melon and may grow up to an inch this week! Which means more discomfort for mama and less room for babyJ
Hope you have a great week!

Things are heating up inside as well: Baby may grow up to a full inch this week alone, and his brain is developing like crazy. Pretty soon, he'll be able to coordinate breathing with sucking and swallowing. Also, his bones are hardening, and he's started to keep his eyes open when he's awake.

No comments:

Post a Comment